Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Plumeria Sprout

So, my wife had the chance to go to Hawaii recently and took a couple friends with her to cat sit for another friend.

One of the things that was brought back was this plumeria stick.  This is the easiest way for you to get a plumeria from Hawaii since they don't have any leaves to bruise and they are more or less dormant until you get it planted.

This one seems to think it's already planted and ready to go.  Unfortunately it's still in the bag and stored in a drawer.  It's for one of our friends but in asking what to do with it came to find out that it's for her mom.  So I still have no answer as to what to do with it.  So what do I do now?  Part of me says to go ahead and plant it and see how long it takes for it to get picked up.  I don't think I should charge a babysitting fee though.

The other thing she left to get later are sticks for hibiscus.  I've never heard of those being propagated that way but I don't know everything.

I'm almost hoping that I can plant and get a stick from it myself before it ever gets picked up.  What would you do if someone left you a plant with no real timeline when it was going home?

No comments:

Post a Comment