Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rock Garden

Rock gardens are often overlooked as a landscaping element. Usually because people want flowers or veggies or something that is "normal".
The rock garden is one of the more interesting, attractive and worry free parts of my yard. I can leave it alone for the most part and it thrives in Texas climate. About eight years ago I saved a small agave plant from being continually mowed down. I finally stopped neglecting and abusing the poor plant last year when I plantd it in my rock garden where it thrives and has greatly bulked up. Along with it I have planted an ice plant, crawling rosemary, hen and chicks, some sort of tufty grass, and a couple other plants interspersed with large rocks and I plan to actually add the sand soon.
There is a little weeding and clearing of debris but this is minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment