Sunday, January 17, 2010

Plantains

I have been told many things about cooking plantains but no one agrees which is the best way. Personally I like them fried with sweet seasoning but that's probably because I haven't had them sauteed or boiled or many other ways they have been described to me.
Recently I have been told to buy them green and boil them and eat them kind of like potatoes.

I've tried to grow banana plants before but never with any success, probably because I never got around to putting them in the ground like many other plants that I get from who knows where.

I really do need to remember to plant things in the ground.
EXCEPT FOR THE LILLY! It's lived too long in a pot for me to bear doing anything with it. Who knows what will happen if we ever move. I'll never remember where I planted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment