My plot out at UTA still has areas where not much is growing yet. Last Tuesday I got a sweet potato cutting and instructions on how to make it grow. Come to find out I wasn't very farr off on what I was thinking.
1. Clip off 3"-6" sprout.
2. Don't worry if it starts to wilt.
3. Put the cutting in watter for 3 days or until it starts to put out roots.
4. Don't worry if it's still wilted looking.
5. Put it in dirt for at least a week.
6. Don't worry if it's still wilted looking.
7. Transplant to the garden.
8. By now it should be picking back up but don't worry if it's still wilted looking. It will survive.
So far it's in the dirt and doing well. I'll get it in the garden this weekend.