Thursday, April 25, 2024

Claude in His New Home

Claude seems to be getting along quite nicely in his new location.  He still has a window we can open on nice days and we bought him a new Feit Grow Light.  This one has more settings.  We got it at Home Depot in the commercial lighting area.  They guy there didn't know they even had them over there.  He tried to get me to get grow fluorescent or screw in bulbs...

The light we got has different switches for different light on the strips. There's white, red, and violet. Violet seems to be for general growth where red is for flowering.  I probably want to use red soon to see if I can get Claude to make flowers.

We also got these nice brick feet for the pot instead of the trash can rollers.  They were much more expensive than regular bricks but the pot is heavy so I don't really mind.  The trash can base really couldn't take the weight of the pot and had started bowing in.  Not the best thing to use.  Looked on Amazon for something similar but they didn't have any basic ones.  I don't recommend plastic, cork, or rubber since these will deteriorate over time if  you don't move your pots.  I did find these feet though.  Amazon has them in different colors too but I'd suggest red.  It just feels more like the pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment