Monday, March 9, 2009

Onions and garlic and leaks, OH MY!

It's that time of year again. Well, somewhere around that time at least.I got the onions and garlic in the ground last Friday and the leeks planted yesterday in pots.

Yes, I know that leeks get a little bit too big for pots usually, but it's great for making sure they dry out enough and don't rot on me. The onions and garlic are in raised beds for good drainage (just behind the strawberries, in their own bed of course).

I don't know what strawberries would taste like if you mixed them with onion but I don't think I want to be the one who tries it.


The irrigation is set up again and ready for the growing season. I just hope I can get up early enough this year to water before I have to go to work.

I still have a tree to cut down and four more beds to prepare in the next week or so before it's too late to get plants in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment