Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Citrus Progress

The plants are doing wonderfully. As you can see, one of the key limes drooped a little, the first one. It' just behind the largest ridge at the top. It's still getting bigger but since I measure to the highest point on the plant that means if a leaf forms and then moves to the side like most leaves then it might seem to shrink.
I actually got around to putting numbers on the pots instead of just remembering which ones they were. Now I can move them anywhere they need to go and not loose track.
Interesting thing I noticed, but not when messing with the plants, that a sharpie doesn't allow water to pass by it. I was doing an ink composition test on bathroom tissue with various inks, don't ask why, and I figured I'd test a sharpie. As the water drew up the tissue, it just went around the sharpie mark. I then drew a closed shape and the water still went around the entire shape leaving a dry space in the middle. I'm not sure what I can use this for but I figured I'd throw it out there.


The lemon tree, again not on the chart and for good reason, grew three inches in a week. These are not waterspouts. For those of you who don't know what a waterspout is, it's a new branch usually from the main trunk that grows up instead of out and saps the energy from the rest of the plant. It doesn't kill it but severely limits it's growth and strength. This new growth is off of the branches and is growing at good angles to the plant. There are at least four of them I remember.



1 comment:

  1. I have a Meme award for you. Please go to my post today to find out more. Good luck on your citrus venture.

    ReplyDelete