Thursday, February 10, 2011

Top 40 Nursery Plants

There was an article in the paper today about what it takes to run a plant nursery. The guy interviewed said that he likes to carry a few new and interesting plants but in the end he has to rely on his top 40 money makers.
That got me to wondering what the top 40 were. I couldn't get up to 40 but here's my guess at a few of them. Remember I live in Texas.

Trees/Bushes:
Crepe Myrtle
Holly
Juniper
Pecan
Oak

Flowers:
Rose Bushes
Gardenias
Elephant Ear
Iris
Azalea
Hibiscus
Morning Glory
Pansies

Green Plants:
Agave
Feather Grass
Clover
Oxalis

Vegetables:
Tomato Plants
Pepper Plants
Bean Plant
Cucumber
Squash
Cabbage
Lettuce
Eggplant

Herbs:
Mint
Dill
Rosemary
Fennel
Chives
Thyme
Oregano
Parsley
Sage

I know I'm missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment