Friday, February 25, 2011

What to plant...

Well, the onion was sewn back in January and has been growing very nicely for over a month now. I have some lettuce seed, dill seed, carrot seed, beet seed and some old heriloom squash seeds that need to be planted. I should probably clean up the back yard a bit before planting so I can make sure I have plenty of sun for all of it.

Also coming in the mail are the hops rhizomes which I plan to plant near the drive along with some lavender bushes.

The fig tree has already put on green tips. AMybe it knows something the rest of us don't. Short winter maybe? We can only hope for a long cool growing season.

1 comment:

  1. My husband is growing hops for the first time this year. And I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of my fig tree!

    ReplyDelete