Tuesday, June 11, 2024

State of the Garden

This may well put things into perspective.  So far I have a nice hazy vision of what I'm thinking I might want to do with a portion of the yard... maybe.

Right now what I really need to do is mow.  In fact that's what I'm probably going to do straight after I get home so the neighbors don't get upset with me now that we've had more that 24 hours between rains.

At work I was looking at regrading an amenity center open space with lots of grass.  At least that's what it looked like before they dumped 12 feet on top of half of it.  Now I get to figure out how to put in an ADA ramp down the 4:1 slope without it costing much...  I've found though that if  you start at the top and wind a little you can get under 5% down the walkway and although you have to do some cutting and filling along the way it should look nice when it's done.

I'm still evening out some spots in the back myself.  Might need to do it again and make the back a little smoother.  It's so hard to get a nice even slope.

On the plus side, the green onion and rosemary plants are loving the new place and have kept right on going.  The pineapple plant super loves it and is growing a lot more than previously.  The center is getting thick.  I can only hope it might produce a flower and of course a new baby pineapple.  That would be awesome!

And if you're wondering what t hat white thing is in the middle of the picture, I don't have any clue.  I was just holding my phone and the camera came, on as it does, and I accidentally pressed the power and up volume buttons and took a screen shot of the camera looking at something probably in my hands.  But I don't recognize it.

1 comment: