Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kaffir Lime Sprout (Kiefer)

Seeing as my lime tree as opposed to evrything else seems to be the main attraction here, I figure I should post an update on it's progress.
It's still hanging in there and doing fine. There's another new leaf forming but still not the classic double leaf that you've come to expect from a kaffir lime tree. Still, it's something.
I have taken both the kaffir lime and the lemon tree outside for the summer where they will weather the elements until probably November to December when it starts freezing. I want them to be able to acclimate, not die.Below are some pictures of their current placement and condition. I decided not to take a picture of the key lime pot since it just looks like a pot full of dirt and who wants to look at that.



As you can see, the lemon tree has lost some leaves in the move but is still doing great. I put it next to the fountain so it can keep just a little cooler from the breeze waftingn over the water toward it. This may not help but it doesn't hurt. I've had to watch all of my pots since the squirrels have been having a pecan hunting party all over the place, including my little 2" pots. Come on, there are no pecans in a newly planted pot so shooo.

This last picture is of some of the many (larger) pots planted. Behind the defensive pot wall there are the sunflowers which seem to all want to come up at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment