Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kaffir Lime Tree (Sprout)

I really want to call it a tree. It wants to be a tree. Maybe I should put it in a pot big enough that it can become a tree.
So far as it can it's still growing very well. It will be outside until the first frost of the year, or possibly the first frost of next year since it sometimes doesn't freeze until January. Then it will be my perfect little houseplant unless the beast of the caves, one of my cats, gets hold of it.

For those of you who might be wondering, I still haven't divided the key lime sprouts yet, but I'm getting to it, eventually. They will be ready for the Fort Worth Plant Swap this fall each in it's own little pot. Hopefully I can find people who will give me updated on how the plants are doing and where they have been placed. My guess is that most of them will die if left outside but I'm also guessing that most people will bring them in for the winter or put them in a greenhouse.

As far as the kaffir lime tree goes, it still doesn't look like one entirely but I still have a little hope that it will turn out beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment