Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunflowers and Strawberries

My sunflowers have started to die back and produce some seeds!I wasn't really sure if they would or not so I'm happy to get at least something.

I estimate at least 4 or 5 hundred seeds from this years showing of so far 8 flowers. There are some small buds but I don't really expect them to survive the July heat. If they do...wow...who knows how many seeds they will produce. I might have to start a stand at the local baseball field (Ranger's Stadium), or maybe not.


I'm still waiting to see if some of my root vegetables will seed. Hoping for the carrots and beets so I don't have to buy more seed next year.
The strawberry plants are doing great too. I really have to get these pictures up sooner though, I already ate these and there are now more to pick.
If anyone will be at the Fort Worth plant swap, these will be transplanted into pots this week and will be available for trade. It's shooting off a dozen runners or so.

1 comment: