Monday, August 3, 2009

ARF!

There are quite a lot of folks who are using the word "fail" recently or by now for some time. This is an expression circulating around many writers I know to announce that something hasn't quite happened correctly or even badly as in "This coffee, fail."


My response to this trend is "ARF!"This will make sense to anyone who has come across the dreaded abort/retry/fail error and makes more sense than just fail since it gives you some options, unlike the actual error which usually just lets you abort after hitting "R" for retry a billion times in the vain hope that it might work.


The only unfortunately down side to this is when commenting on anything having to do with a female since I am sure saying "arf" will get you slapped.


So next time something just isn't right try "ARF". It' might work.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! I haven't heard this before. I guess I'm getting old. -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Haven't heard of that either. And I AM old :)

    ReplyDelete