Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dumb Cane Revival

The dumb cane at work has gotten fungus gnats which were introduced to the office through one of my coworker's new plants she brought to put in her office. It's not her fault that they were in the dirt it just happens sometimes. I saved the plant from the dumpster and have placed it outside the house in hopes of killing off the gnats. The plant itself is still doing well even though it hasn't gotten any water in over a week except for some rain today. Even today I doubt it got much since it's partially under the roof overhang and the gutter catches most of the water.
I will probably repot it soon and check again for the gnats. Hopefully it can be salvaged but I don't really want to spend any money on the problem so I'm just going to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment