Monday, April 19, 2010

Strawberries and Cream

Strawberries are one of the tastiest things, aside from banannas of course, that you can put on something, like angelfood cake, waffles, fork. Unfortunately the stores still can't come close to the flavor of home grown. I know, it has to do with picking them so they are still good a week later when you actually buy the thing but there has to be a better way.
When we get back I'll have to go to the store and get some cream to whip up since our strawberries will be ripe and hopefully not eaten by birds or squirrels or whatever else might want to wanter into the yard and devour them.
I thought about netting them or putting them under glass but I have no netting or glass structure that would work so all I can do is hope and see what happens. Same goes with the beets. They have flowered to some degree but I don't know if they are being polinated or not or if the flower stalks will produce seeds. They seem to be very reactive to not getting enough water, flopping over and all. I guess I'll know soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment