Sunday, June 2, 2013

Radish Crop

The radishes are bolting and making pods.  I don't really care for radishes particularly but they're easy to grow and the wife and others like them so they're in the garden.
The wife hadn't heard of anyone ever eating the pods even though they look like short green beans. I looked it up and sure enough you can eat them raw, cooked, pickled, or probably any which way you want. They are much like the root and I don't care much for them either. I'll stick to the green beans.  Although maybe if I mix the green beans with the radish beans... I migh thave something there. I'll have to try it.
We apparently have more than one kind of radish though. Not only are the pods different sizes but the flowers too aren't all the same color. They are at least all shades of purple though.





No comments:

Post a Comment