Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gumbo

This either describes the soil I have to contend with or what I'm having for supper today. Amber, my wife, is sick and needs some comfort food. It's also spicy and will open up her sinuses.




I bought something at the store called small bulb green onions. I did no research on them but decided they would do just as good as regular green onions in the gumbo I was about to make.


So far it's an emphatic YES! Tastes pretty good and there's the extra added onionness, if that's a word, to the taste.

I fully intend to plant some of them in the yard for even more green onion plants. They seem to stay pretty well especially in the coming winter. I didn' t have to buy them but just couldn't help myself...
Side note. I've added my wife's Etsy page to the list of links on the right side of my blog under her sites/blogs section. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment