Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tagetes Lucida (Mexican Mint)

When I got into the office this morning, only 1 minute late, I found a plant had been left on my desk by one of my coworkers. We had been talking about plants and she decided that I needed another plant. She was right! I always need another plant.

She said the leaves can be used in teas. I creshed a leaf and it smelled like mint and licorice.

I know right where I want to plant it too. We had a gas leak near the street and the gas guys dug up one of our butterfly bushes. It's supposed to get 2-3 feet high which should do well in the front.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting combination of smells - mint and licorice. Never heard about it. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you'll have fun with that plant. I've never heard of it. The scent of the leaves sounds so nice.

    ReplyDelete