Monday, September 7, 2009

Champagne and Truffles

So it's been a while since my last post but I can't think of a better 100th post than one of my 13th anniversary.

We were supposed to have champagne and truffles at midnight but got caught up watching a movie and crocheting a hat... The odd things that come up.

Anyway, I've been married to my lovely wife, who's blogs are linked to the right there for a wonderful thirteen years and counting. I got a wonderful gift bag, Hoops and Yoyo! If you don't know who they are then you should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing and visit the online halmark store of cards and send one. I also got some glass lampworking stuff, desperately needed.

For those of you who can't afford champagne, I can't either I got the generic stuff, then you might try making it yourself. I had a trip down to Mom's house where she grows Champagne grapes as well as Muskadine and a corssbreed of the two or something possibly in the area.



I have several seeds, not cuttings like a smart person would do, maybe next visit, and I plan to plant them. And for what you have all been missing for a while now, I have picutres. I'm on the right in one of them but you can't see my face, not intentional. Wouldn't you rather see my adorable nephew, Nicholas?
That day we picked 13 gallons of grapes and afterwards I couldn't tell we had even been out there. Maybe I should have stayed longer to get some for taking home.

2 comments: