Monday, September 7, 2009

Hummingbirds

It's amazing how territorial hummingbirds get. They weigh just a few ounces and yet they fight like there's nothing to loose. I got a picture of this little guy after he fought off several other hummingbirds. At first he didn't even take a sip of the feeder. He just sat there and waited for them to dare come into his territory again.





I hid in the shadows of the house with the lights off so I wouldn't scare him off. I assume him because I always assume him unless it's obvious otherwise. It just makes thinking about things easier. Cars and boats are of course her. Everyone knows that and I dare not dispute the fact.

1 comment:

  1. What a great shot! This looks like a big hummingbird...probably a bully of the pack :) I'm jealous you've got hummingbirds lurking around. I haven't seen any this year, yet my hummingbird juice quickly disappears. I'm not sure if it's from hummingbirds unseen or bees.

    ReplyDelete